Dit topic is gesloten

Tek 5223 Digitizing, drawing the screen on a R+S ZSK2 analog plotter

! video , large data size :-)
http://www.wellenkino.de/video/plot.AVI

in Tek we trust
Sine

Op 7 oktober 2018 10:39:30 schreef Martin.M:
SYSTRON DONNER

3GHz Nixie counter 6053 + Multimeter 7004 :-)

[bijlage]

Mooi spul :)

Ik heb er een paar in een wat oudere uitvoering. Die had wat TLC nodig, blijkbaar heeft men ooit een veel te hoge spanning op de ingang gezet, met wat vermogen er achter ook nog.

Bouwjaar 1968 :)

I hope the google works right in translation :-)

als de nixie niet helemaal oplicht, helpt het om de spanning iets te verhogen

groet
Martin

in Tek we trust
maartenbakker

Golden Member

Op 6 oktober 2018 21:21:25 schreef Martin.M:

This instrument was at home in the Valvo Manufacturing for Capacitors in Herborn, DE , in the QC laboratory.

greetings
Martin

Thanks for the nice pictures! I now remember I've seen it before on your site. They did use their parts efficiently those days, the power transformer originated in the consumer electronics department was also used in some radio sets :)

You probably know already, but ICOMA was the components branch of Philips and EBM the internal instrument and machine manufacturing departments.

www.elba-elektro.nl | "The mind is a funny thing. Sometimes it needs a good whack on the side of the head to jar things loose."
Sine

Op 7 oktober 2018 13:55:46 schreef Martin.M:
I hope the google works right in translation :-)

als de nixie niet helemaal oplicht, helpt het om de spanning iets te verhogen

groet
Martin

Yep, A well known de-poisoning trick in nixie-land ;)

However these tubes are in excellent condition, the angle of the photo is not ideal, the glow is covered by other cathodes.

I have an old Keithley, there is the last nixie out of time, so i made there a smaller resistor to enhance the voltage, this was enough, it works again. A rare nixie, hard to find.
amazing oldie :-) 160 knows nA and G-Ohm

in Tek we trust

H&B ( Hartmann und Braun) DVM T2001 , with VFD Tubes :-)
the glas front is not dirty, there is shielding mesh behind.

[Bericht gewijzigd door Martin.M op zondag 7 oktober 2018 19:18:03 (25%)

in Tek we trust

Keithley 5900 :-) heavy class 5 1/2 DMM

identical to DANA 5900, but the front plate is more cute then the front plate from the DANA who is the manufacturer of the instrument.

in Tek we trust

Sennheiser ZP2 "Z - Meter"

in Tek we trust

EMG Pulse Generator + Tek 323 + W&G SPM11 with tracking generator, sweep controler

in Tek we trust

Classic Tek Scopes :-)
my favorites of restoration are very glowing Tek Scopes and boatanchor radios.

classic dual beam ..

in Tek we trust

waiting for restoration: ELCOM NA900 network analyzer :-)

in Tek we trust

Hello Martin. M,

That's a beautiful device Elcom was at that time everyone far ahead HP etc name them.
I use the Elcom still the directional couples are still the best 75 Ohm specially developed for cable television.
The Elcom at the time costs with two directional couplers 85.000, - Dm.
Every large company in Germany which manufactured components did have a few.
The Elcom which I have comes from Siemens.

Greeting,
Henk.

Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler.

hello Henk,

this Elcom use 2 couplers with N, 50 ohms.
It is from university. I will have some questions when the restoration start
in the manuals are disk with the software but what is that for a computer? :-)

greetings
Martin

[Bericht gewijzigd door Martin.M op maandag 8 oktober 2018 20:49:04 (20%)

in Tek we trust

Hello Martin.M,

I have two sets of directional couplers 50 Ohm just like you with N-conectors but also the 75 Ohm with 3.5 / 12 connectors.
I also have the two manuals and various graticules Smith Chart and others.
If you are going to work on the device and if you have questions no problem.

Greeting,
Henk.

Hewlett

Honourable Member

That computer printer on the folder underneath your analyzer is a Commodore 4000-series PET. Commodore PET machines used a standard IEEE-488 (GPIB or otherwise known as HP IB) interface to connect peripherals and that is most likely the reason that particular line of hardware was chosen as a controller for your analyzer. CBM PET machines used a CBM 4040 or earlier 4030 dual 5¼" floppy drive (SDSS - single density single sided) also controlled via the IEEE-488 bus. If memory serves me well, PET formatted discs are also readable by 1540 drives connected to a C64 or VIC-20.

HamRadio PA2HK // Keep Calm and Carry On.

thank you.

that folder is the shopping catalog from Elcom with all couplers, parts, options... extremly expensive is true.

My next restoration is a Fluke 8300A, i found it in the bay :-)

greetings
Martin

in Tek we trust

Ha Martin.M,

I forget to answer your second question but @Hewlett has already explained it.
At the beginning of this year I have removed the PET computer too big you can not do anything with it.
But as @Hewlett already indicates at that time a well-known between solution also Rohde & Schwarz made use of this.
I work with the Elcom on the usual IEC628 bus.
But that is for later.

Greeting,
Henk.

one of my oftenly used RF helpers is the SWOB III :-)
this is a full extendet one with 12 oscillators up to 1,25GHz
( cal. homebrew filter coils for IF stages and so on...)

[Bericht gewijzigd door Martin.M op dinsdag 9 oktober 2018 09:08:10 (18%)

in Tek we trust

we go every year to the makerfaire hannover,
my "Wellenkino" with classic test gears, always beside the PTB metrology institute, they offer free calibrating for multimeters there. So we are smiling, from left side to right side is +-5% to +- 0 :-)

2016, 2017, 2018.. next date is august, 17, 2019

in Tek we trust

Afgelopen zomer heb ik o.a. besteed aan revisie en aampassing van meetapparaten die al wat langer op de plank stonden. Een ervan was een HP339A distortion analyser. Nu gebruik ik al langer een meet-PC voor audio distortion-metingen, de HP339A is vooral bedoeld als low distortion sine wave generator.

Wat revisie betreft was ik snel klaar. Het apparaat zit vol tantaal elco’s (het goede soort) en de voeding elco’s meten ook nog ook als nieuw. Omdat ik ze toch gedemonteerd had, heb ik de Elco’s in de generator voeding toch maar vervangen door nieuwe 105C exemplaren.
Na afregeling van de generator op minimale vervorming bleek deze ruim binnen spec (-14.5dB/-118.3dB, 0.00065%). Nu is er op het audio forum al jaren een discussie over verbeteringen van de HP339A, en deze modificaties wilde ik ook meenemen. Ik ben voor de minimale set gegaan (meeste verbetering voor weinig). Dit betreft uitwisseling van het generator IC, enkele elco’s en trimpot’s.

Het resultaat is een verbetering tot 0.00026% (-14dB/-125.8dB) enkel 3H vervorming. Ik kom hier uit op het niveau van de ruis van mijn PC meet-frontend, hetgeen ook de bedoeling was.

Ha markce,

Dat is een robuuste analyzer/generator jaren mee gewerkt ik heb nu de opvolger HP 8903A maar de voorganger de HP332A heb ik ook nog staan.
Welk IC heb je gebruikt of heb je een linkje naar de audio site.
In het apparaat zijn nog wat bijzondere technieken toegepast.

Groet,
Henk.

Hi markce , :-)

Mooie waarden!
Welke geluidskaart gebruik je voor de FFT metingen?

Groet,
Bram

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Sine

Die condensatoren zijn mica als ik het goed heb, waarom uitwisselen?

Dit topic is gesloten